At our last appointment, we had a "health care financing appointment". The practice does this routinely to inform clients about costs and discuss insurance benefits.
The lady from billing was especially helpful and friendly. Right away, she told us we had nothing to worry about - that the insurance was very generous with Pre Natal Care! I knew we've had more than three times the normal appointments, labs, tests, etc, and I was a little worried we'd have to pay for the recurrent lost diagnostic panel, as well as the metabolic and immunity screenings I'd had.
It turns out that I pay one $25 co-pay for ALL visits prior to labor check-in. At the hospital there is a $250 "cover charge" and 20% patient responsibility payment due at a later time.
This baby is cheaper than I had imagined, though not nearly as cheap as its Uncle Wes (long story, but he "cost" $10 back in 1984)
No comments:
Post a Comment