Friday, March 13, 2009

Half Way There, Little Dude!

Dear Baby,

You're more than half way done being formed. Right now, you are a bit longer than a banana, but you still weigh less than a pound. I think that your weight is probably increasing rapidly now, because I've been able to eat like a normal person lately, and have even had seconds at dinner!

Another reason I think you are growing more and more is because your movements have been stronger. Usually, I could just feel you wiggling around and getting more comfortable. On Wednesday, I felt you move forcefully. I think you were trying to stretch out those long legs or perhaps you were looking for more elbow room! Either way, I feel your strong movements now. Your dad has been trying to feel you for a month now, and last night he felt your knee jerk twice in a row.

Last week at your doctor's appointment, we saw your lips, heart, toes, spine, and your boy parts. I found it especially cool to see all four chambers of your heart pumping blood, and your dad enjoyed watching your mouth move as you slurped in amniotic fluid. Judging by how active you were, I think your mouth muscles will be ready to eat or ready to talk! Your nurse, Mary, told me that we might schedule your birth a little early, so we might have the chance to meet you before the end of July. Won't that be nice?

I have decided to paint your room blue. We aren't even close to being prepared for having you in our house, but our hearts and heads are getting more ready. Keep on keeping on, and when you arrive, we'll have our game face on and be totally supplied!

Love,
Your mom

No comments: