Friday, October 7, 2011

A Simple Walk Around the Block

This morning before we went to the grocery store, DHH asked if he could take a walk on his popscicle.  He wanted to wheel his tricycle around the block our house is on, and that was totally fine. I had Elsa in the front baby carrier, and she enjoyed seeing the neighborhood on the beautiful, fall morning.

It took Daniel 35 minutes to go less than a quarter mile.  He stopped, examined cracks in the sidewalk, commented on every noise he heard, and generally poked around.  It was a little frustrating for me because I felt uncomfortable lingering in people's driveways for long periods of time while he pointed at their wind chimes or pumpkins.  I also felt intensely interested in his thinking processes.  It was fascinating to watch his face as he made choices and processed things that were happening.

No comments: