Dear Son,
We had such a great day together that I had to record it somehow. Our relationship, the one between you, your sister, and I, has really blossomed. We are able to get things done, anticipate each other's needs, and have a really good time.
I so appreciate how you bring laughter to my life, especially when you are TRYING to be funny to laugh with me. Your sense of humor is silly and you do things like talk in a baby voice, use rhyming words that are nonsense, and repeat phrases you hear that seem to be funny to make me laugh. You do the same things for your sister, too.
Today when we were out doing errands for ME, you didn't seem to notice that it wasn't just a fun day for you, too. The only time you were upset is when you were playing some game you made up called Humpty Dumpty in the dressing room and you took a fall and it hurt your head. You didn't catch the irony, and instead you begged for a "Binkster to put in my mouth to make me not so grumpy". Another thing you did today that was memorable to me was that you asked to go watch the carousel at the mall. Not to ride it, but to watch it. I am glad you didn't want to ride it, because I didn't have the six dollars it would take to ride it (I rarely carry cash!). You said patiently and excitedly on a small couch nearby and just talked about the carousel. It was precious. Later at lunch, you skipped around the dining area and were sweet and well behaved. It is such a pleasure to be with you since you are so frequently in a good mood.
I really appreciate this time with you as a very old two year old. Its your best time yet, I think. Your knowledge about trains and content we've read in books and our family is huge. You are a sponge, Daniel, and I hope you always stay as curious and interested in how things work as you are today.
I love you so, my boy.
Mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment