My mom and Dan went to the appointment with me and Daniel. It was odd to have so many adults in a tiny room meant for a tiny patient!
Our doctor, Dr. W, also attended MU and came highly recommended by one of my doctor friends and several of my medical school friends. He's got little kids, too, and is really friendly and willing to research questions that I have.
The appointment went very well. We learned he had gained 2 ounces and lost over an inch in length. We felt really confused about why he was measuring 18.5 inches when he was 20.75 inches at birth, but the nurse explained that there is a large source of error in measurements taken just after birth. Babies are so wiggly and slippery, and often the nurses are in a hurry to record his measurements and move on to other procedures.
So, our little guy was even littler than we thought!
Here is a little movie of him being examined. He was crying because he was so cold! Notice the umbilical cord is still attached.
We had been home from the hospital for two days at this point, and it was my second outing. We'd taken the baby to Dan's softball game the night before, and I realized I needed some clothes that fit. So, after the appointment, we went to Target. I bought two dresses, and the baby slept peacefully throughout the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment