Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Milestone: Finger Foods!



DHH started to work on his pincher grasp this week.  He had been pinching pieces of fabrics and trying to grab buttons on his dad's shirt, so I thought maybe he could handle some self-feeding.

And he can.





 

On Saturday, the day these photos were taken, Daniel started to learn how to eat puffs, which are small, soft baby cereal morsels.

On Monday, he tried yogurt puffs.  They are easy to hold, but he didn't seem to have a strong affection for them.

Last night while he was sitting on my lap, he put some Spanish rice, guacamole, and refried beans in his fist and some made it into his mouth. He went back for three or four more fistfills.

This morning, he tried small banana bits.  Most of them were squished on the high chair tray, but a few did go into his mouth! He had about 1/4 of a banana! 

This is more fun than I thought it would be. I am more patient and less nutso about messes than I anticipated.  He still prefers really wet and mushy foods, such as rice cereal mixed with applesauce or pureed green beans, but its nice to see him try some food that looks a bit more like adult food!

No comments: