A big change in Daniel's play time happened late this winter. He started playing pretend! Around Christmas, he would try to share his food with us... offering his sip cup or a cracker. Since that time, he has started to offer these things to stuffed animals or small play figurines, too. It is funny to watch him try to feed a toy or share a pacifier with one of his crib toys!
He often helps us unload the dishwasher, and on this occasion in early March, I found him with clean dishes, making slurping and smacking sounds and feeding himself some type of food. It was one of the first times I'd seen him prepare pretend food (stirring it, tasting it, stirring again) and then serving himself!
We made pudding a few times that week, so I wonder if that is what he was enjoying?
No comments:
Post a Comment