Saturday, August 13, 2011

Report From Grandma Nanny

Dear Daniel,
   You've stayed for extended weekends with your Douglas grandparents now several times, and I wanted you to know that we miss you during this time, but we also know you are having a good time.  We have a good time doing non-toddler things like eating in quiet restaurants or watching movies with kissing and explosions (instead of cartoon mice and puppets!).


Here is an excerpt from and email your grandma sent to me:


Daniel just went down for his nap.  He ate a good lunch today.
Hotdog, pretzels, applesauce and 2 cookies

He likes
Bob the builder.  He watched about 20 minutes before he went down for his nap.

We went to play with his trucks at the school playground this morning.  Nancy Hall was there and invited us in
To see her new pre- school set up and Daniel got to play with some of the pre-school toys.  He had a fun time.
She invited him again to play.
We went to the grocery store and then came home.  He played a while then ate lunch and watched a little TV then went down for a nap

He did want to go outside last night when we were talking to you but I just talked to him about it being dark and we had to wait for the sunshine to come out and he was ok with that
He wanted me to rock him for a few minutes then went right to sleep and slept until about 7:30 or closer to 8:00.   He may have slept longer but Grandpa heard him and went up to get him.
He was pretty groggy and may have slept a little longer if left alone.

We use the computer to chat with you, and you really seem to enjoy the face to face interaction.  Its so good to see your face and hear your giggles, and its fun to play with you through the screen.  Last night you and I joked around about sharing a drink with a straw through the webcam.  You were so happy to see your sister's face too, and tried to kiss her.  It was great.

I wish I had the same opportunity as you did to spend time with your grandparents like this, but when I was your age, my grandparents were very old or very busy or sick, so I didn't get to.  Your grandparents are younger, less busy, and healthy, so I think you and EK can do this more often!  You'll get to know them well.

Love ya, little 24 month old!

No comments: