Last week his father and I were discussing how he probably doesn't get the idea of Thanksgiving. We had talked ourselves into believing he's just too young for that abstract concept.
I started blogging about thankfulness last night and thought about it this morning at breakfast with Daniel. We often say a prayer before we eat and always talk about good things in our life at breakfast.
I asked Daniel,"Should we say a thank you to God today? Do we have things to be thankful for?".
"Yes," he replied.
"DeeDee, do you know what thankful means?" I questioned.
"To like it. To be happy about it. To be want it."
Right on! We do like what we are thankful for, and we are happy we have it. We do also want special things and we thank God for those special things. What a neat conversation!
We talked about making a Thankfulness Poster for the kitchen and he said he'd like to write that he's thankful for ... his own words... toys.
As in, "What are you thankful for today?"
"Toys."
Then I asked, "And what are you thankful for that we can write for yesterday?"
He paused and then said, "That box in the garage that has drill. Using daddy's drill. I like using drill."
We'll be making a poster soon and I"ll photograph what we create!
No comments:
Post a Comment