Monday, November 28, 2011

Yow CeeeDeee and Punkin Muffins

Last month, Daniel was having a hard time relaxing for nap.  I put a Jack Johnson CD on, and he settled.  In the last month, we've noticed him humming along with the music, and he often demands YOW CeeDeee!! (yellow cd!) when we've having a difficult bedtime.

This morning I went into Daniel's room at 7 because I heard him singing.  We greeted each other, and he said he wanted to stay in bed.  He asked me to put the Yow Cee Dee on and said he would stay in bed for awhile.  I left him be, but listened to him sing from the next room.  

At 8 I went in, and we spent time talking to each other.  It was a neat way for him to get back into the swing of things since he had been away from his house since Wednesday night.

We cuddled and rocked, read a book, and decided to make a triple batch of muffins.  Daniel requested Punkin muffins, and got the ingredients out for me.  He got out a can of pumpkin from the pantry - which he called punkin pie can - and then got out the baking soda - which he called bacon sue dah - and said that's what we needed.

Its fun having a morning with this two year old!

No comments: