We've got a lovely crib for the baby to rest in for the bulk of his infant years and which converts to a toddler bed and full size bed headboard, too.
But, our little one won't be sleeping in that crib right away.
I wasn't too keen on the super-frilly white bassinets (which I am sure makes Dan happy!!), and I haven't found a Pack'n'Play I want to spend the big bucks on (not sure if I really need this purchase...) so I needed a different option. Something to keep the baby in close by during the early weeks/month, and that is a portable bed option.
Sure, he could sleep in a padded laundry basket in our room. But that's pretty ghetto, isn't it? And someone suggested sleeping in a dresser drawer for awhile, but it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer gets the Japanese businessmen trapped in the chest of drawers.
Enter the Moses basket, so very similar to the one Miriam made for her baby brother, yet I doubt it floats. We don't live near a major river to find out, nor are there any Pharaohs looking to kill small male children. Plus, who would want to get this pretty thing wet?

I bought this one from Target using gift cards from Great Uncle Greg and Great Aunt Sharon as well as Great Aunt Ruthie and Great Uncle Phil.
No comments:
Post a Comment