This morning we visited the CMFC for Baby H's weekly bio-physio profile.
He was resting, head down, bottom against my right ribs, legs and feet arching over to my left side, forming a C shape. Because he wasn't very active, they had to use a small noise-making device (I think of it as a baby taser, since it is loud and had a shocking vibration).
Each week they check to see that the baby has 3 movements and engages in 30 seconds of "practice breathing" within a 30 minute scan. They also check to see muscle tone by the force of his kicks. This week, the baby took 30 minutes to do the 30 seconds practice breathing. Its not cause for alarm. He would just start... and stop. And start... and stop. And so we waited in the small, dimly lit room, staring at the black and white screen. I think we all almost fell asleep... just like the baby! It was a little boring.
The NST went okay, too. I had a contraction that I felt was intense during the screen, but Dr. G. didn't think it was a big deal at all. He said my perception and the machine's perceptions are often quite different, and that it probably did feel like a big one. But not to worry.
Here is a little photo of Baby H's sweet face.

1 comment:
Looks like Baby H is perfectly content.
Post a Comment