Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crying Out...Beth Moore Prayer, Good

I think I will write this one down.

 
 

Sent to you by Bethany via Google Reader:

 
 

via Growing Our Own Garden by Lianna Knight on 11/16/10

I recently finished reading Beth Moore's book, Looking Up when  Life is Looking Down. It is a great book that explains how you can get out of the pit that life sometimes makes you feel  like you fell in.

At the end of the book, Beth writes some scripture prayers for you to pray daily and I just wanted to share the prayer entitled, Cry Out.

I call to You, Lord, who are worthy of praise, and I am saved from the enemies. The waves of death swirl about me; the torrents of destruction overwhelm me. The cords of the grave coil around me; the snares of death confront me. In  my distress I call t oYou, Lord; I call out to my God. From Your temple You hear my voice; my cry comes to Your ears (2 Samuel 22:4-7). Oh, my Strength, come quickly to help me (Psalm 22:19). Reach down from on high and take hold of me; draw me out of deep waters. Rescue me from my powerful enemy and from foes who are too strong for  me (Psalm 18:16-17). Bring me out into a spacious place; rescue me, Lord, because You delight in me (Psalm 18:19).

This prayer washed over me this past week...when I was feeling like I couldn't get out of that pit.

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: