He is going almost every night, often immediately after he sits himself on the chair.
We have two books we've been reading him each time, and usually his attention span is through 1.5 books. The first book is a singing book, Five Green and Speckled Frogs and the second is a picture dictionary book of vehicles. Daniel is really engaged in these stories and does hand motions or singings along with the pictures. He strums an imaginary guitar when he sees a frog with a guitar, and he also tries to catch bugs with his tongue. He makes engine noises with the cars and does hand motions for helicopters. This is one of the only times per day that all three of us are involved in one book all together. It is certainly an interesting sight, I am sure with all of us crowded in the bathroom floor!
I feel positive about this potty learning experience, and I do believe we will start doing potty next week in the morning - either after breakfast or just after he wakes. The goal is still day trained by Spring 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment