Thursday, November 4, 2010

Watch and Learn! and Play Time with Puffy Coat Photos

Daniel is learning so much from us.  Sometimes it takes us a while to pick up on what he is doing, but usually it is just copying what he has seen us do.

For example, today when I was taking some potatoes out of the oven, I told him it was hot and to back away.  A few seconds later he was at the (closed) oven door wearing oven mitts.  He rapped on the oven window.  I didn't even know he knew about oven mitts!  I think he's seen his dad use them in the morning when they make biscuits!

He has learned how to fold his hands to pray before bed. Dan has done this with him for awhile, but tonight he said, "Let's pray, Daniel!" and he had his hands ready automatically!

He has learned how to copy his father's fake snore and sometimes lays down and pretends to sleep with a fake snore.  This is really funny to me.

He also has learned how to make moooooing noises.  I usually say MOO, but his dad does a more authentic cow bray.  Daniel copies his father with a long Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm noise anytime he sees a cow (or an animal that looks like a cow, as many cartoon animals do, apparently).

He also has learned how to brush his teeth more effectively by watching me do mine.  He wants me to wet it several times, like I do, and also tries to spit at the sink.

He has tried to use my hair straightener and face lotion, too.

These are just a few of the examples of Daniel's body language and actions that he has picked up from his parents.  I am so curious to see what he learns from other kids and what is DHH Original Material!

Below are photos taken of Daniel last Friday before his 15 month well child check up.  It was chilly this morning, and it was the first time he had worn his winter coat!  What a marshmallow!






No comments: