This week was a real hit or miss week for toilet time. One time he peed on the floor near the big toilet, not in the potty chair. Other times he just didn't go after sitting for several minutes.
I reread the Baby Whisperer that I use as a parenting manual and realized I might be sending mixed messages. Why only use the toilet before bath? Why not every time? I also remembered some things I had read, such as it takes about 20 minutes for urine to process after drinking for this young of a toddler. So that is helpful.
I am reconsidering potty training until after Christmas, at least with the goal of no diapers during the day by April. I need him to communicate with me more, and I need to be a more effective communicator with him. I think we will continue night time potty routine, since it goes so well before bath and it gives him 10 extra reading time minutes a day. I think it is accomplishing the goal of learning what the potty is and not to be afraid of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment